Thursday 14 November 2013

Every Month Is Oktoberfest

I knew I liked OPI - Every Month Is Oktoberfest when I saw it in the bottle and I knew I liked it when I saw it on my nails but then I wasn't sure where else to go with it.  I was going to take it off and try something else and figured I'd use the opportunity to practice placing striping tape since I have real trouble with that and end up wasting loads in frustration.  You wouldn't think the painting of nails would lead to so much swearing but then it's nothing compared to my knitting swears.  Anyhoo, I grabbed Sally Hansen - Pennies For Heaven and got to work.


As it turned out I really REALLY like this combination of colours and think they work well together.  So much so that I decided to try Pennies for stamping.  My stamp placement leaves a little (lot) to be desired but things can only get better right? Right?!?


And yes that's my poor damaged digit which I'd tried to cover with a glue on when the nail tore below the edge of my finger but which I think suffered more due to being smothered.  It's recovering and growing out slowly but surely.



I'm not sure if anyone else would think these stripes work but I really like it and it's the best result I think I've had so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment